It's time to get Vocal about Parkinson's
Parkinson's disease is a chronic and progressive neurological disorder that can significantly impact an individual's quality of life. The symptoms of Parkinson's disease, such as tremors, stiffness, and balance problems, can make it difficult for individuals to perform everyday activities and communicate effectively with those around them. However, at Life Skills Village, we want individuals with Parkinson's disease to know that it is not the end.
Together we can:
Improve Voice Quality
LSVT LOUD is an intensive and research-based speech therapy program that focuses on increasing the volume and clarity of speech in individuals with Parkinson's disease and other neurodegenerative conditions. While the program is designed to be rigorous, it is also customized to the individual's unique needs and interests, making it engaging and motivating for participants.
Increase Vocal Loudness
LSVT LOUD is a specialized speech therapy program that has been designed to improve communication abilities in individuals with Parkinson's disease and other neurodegenerative conditions. This program focuses on increasing the volume and clarity of speech, allowing individuals to speak with a voice that is easy for others to hear and understand.
Improve Your Social Life!
At Life Skills Village, we understand the importance of effective communication in all aspects of life. That's why we offer a range of speech therapy services, including our LSVT LOUD program, to help individuals improve their vocal quality, intensity, and overall social communication skills.
How can LSVT LOUD Treatment Help you?
Alleviates the following symptoms :
- Soft voice
- Mumbled speech
LSVT LOUD can :
- Improves communication by helping you speak with a healthy, loud voice
- Strengthen your voice box (larynx) and speech systems
- Improves articulation, intonation and even facial expressions
- Increased confidence with communication
Who can LSVT LOUD help ?
- People with mild to moderate Parkinson's Desease
- People with more advanced Parkinson's Desease
- People with Dementia or other cognitive impairments
- People with Atypical Parkinsonism
- Children with Cerebral Palsy or Downs Syndrome
LSVT LOUD is :
An intensive, one-on-one treatment delivered over one month’s time.
- A brief one-hour session with LSVT Loud certified therapist
- Four sessions per week, four consecutive days a week over a span of four consecutive weeks.
- Daily homework and effective carryover exercises provided .