At the beginning of your evaluation, our team will conduct a comprehensive assessment of your overall health and physical condition. We will begin by asking you about your symptoms and medical history to gain a better understanding of your unique situation.
After gathering this information, we will move on to a thorough physical examination, which will involve a close examination of your posture, balance, and joint movement. Our team will carefully observe how you move and stand, looking for any signs of weakness or instability.
Physical Therapy Services Include:
- Therapeutic Exercises
- This involves movement prescribed to correct impairments, restore muscular and skeletal function and/or maintain a state of well-being. Exercise as a therapeutic approach involves repeated, regular activity in aerobics, strengthening, plyometrics and stretching in different modalities to increase a person's resistance to illness and length of recovery after such an illness
- Neurological Reeducation
- This is a treatment that can improve upon posture that will promote functional movement. Our team will typically perform along with other types of treatment to promote functional muscle movement. This can include improving proprioception, improving the quality of life in people with ataxia.
- Manual Therapy
- This is an advanced specialty area of physical therapy practice that is based on manual examination and treatment techniques integrated with exercise, patient education, and other physical therapy modalities to address pain, loss of function, and wellness.
- Gait Training
- This can help improve your ability to stand and walk. We may recommend gait training if you’ve had an illness or injury that affects your ability to get around. It may help you gain independence in walking, strengthen your muscles and joints, improve your balance and posture, build your endurance, develop your muscle memory, retrain your legs for repetitive motion and lower your risk of falls while increasing your mobility.
- Balance Training
- This therapy involves doing exercises that can strengthen the muscles that help keep you upright, including your legs and core. These kinds of exercises can improve stability and help prevent falls. Some aspects of this therapy include standing with your weight on one leg and raising the other leg to the other side or behind you, standing and sitting, putting your heel down, walking or balance beam exercises.
- Pain Management
- We first look for areas of weakness or stiffness that may be adding stress to the places that hurt as we treat those areas with certain exercises to ease pain and help your mobility. We also focus on manual techniques and breath work.
- Therapeutic Exercises
How We Work
1. Schedule an Appointment
We will call, text
or email you back
Via telehealth or